We are moving

Sunset over the Dead Sea
We are in the process of sorting, photo taking of things to sell and discussions on why or why not we should take various items with us to the US or on to Senegal our final destination. Moving is a good time to reduce and rethink what you own as a family and what you hold dear as a person.

When I was a child my family moved every year or two with uncanny regularity. We always had a lot of things that "had to go" with us. Boxes and boxes of canning jars, National Geographics, books, furniture, toys, and the list goes on of things we felt we had to have in order to have a "normal life".

Now as an adult I'm faced with the dilemma of being the one in charge, yet working as part of a team. There are things that I don't really think that we need in order to survive or be happy. Yet my my wife and kids have totally different views on what is important or not. I'm having to learn that there is give and take, and lots of communication when it comes to things.

Looking at moving makes me think of my personal life. There are things in my personal life that need to be thrown out or changed. Yet as I try to cut away at pet sins or choice habits I can see why it is hard for me or my family members to give up things we hold dear. It is only through God's power that effective change can happen. I'm glad He has promised to help us in our decisions for our home as well as for the areas in our lives that need to be cleaned up. 

Comments